Saturday, March 20, 2010

Whole Wheat Bread - I


Since the time i landed in this holy land i have been wanting to learn to make all varieties of bread that these folks make. The breads are amazing, best of all i have had in my life ! But very very rarely do people make breads at home these days. The ones who make, follow a long procedure of dealing with the flour and dough for over 24 hours. I usually do not prefer these overnight waiting preparations - simply because i forget to soak or refrigerate or should i say i lack patience to wait for that long. I feel like when i start a dish it should just be done in a few hours before i hit the sack. Pita breads were easy so i make them quite often. But my wish of baking a whole loaf of wheat bread remained unsatisfied.

I started googling, there were too many options :-). Spent a good amount of time in browsing through the Expert Village videos on YouTube. The irritating part was the videos had enough information but they were not numbered in chronological order. They were just randomly available. So i had to spend a considerable amount of time in putting them in order before i watched from the beginning - ingredients part to the end - slicing part.

Though the videos are informative, even more annoying part of the videos are that fellow, Brandon Sarkis introducing himself at the beginning of each of those not too long but extremely short clips (3 minutes maximum). But my aim was to make that whole wheat bread happen, so i tried maximum to ignore those introductions.

Here's the actual order of the videos by Expert village on how to make whole wheat bread at home :



I do not have a table top mixer, so altered the steps here and there to my convenience. My next post has the detailed method on how i made my whole wheat bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment